Dr. Nick Aunkst
Dr. Nick Aunkst received his Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise Physiology in 2009 from the Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Following graduation, he was a full-time Personal Trainer and a Corporate Health and Wellness Adviser in Pittsburgh, PA. It was at this time that Dr. Aunkst found a true passion for health, wellness, and helping others achieve their goals.
Dr. Aunkst graduated Magna Cum Laude from the New York Chiropractic College, with his Doctorate in Chiropractic. In his final year of school, he was hand selected from a group of peers to serve as the Remote Chiropractic Clerk at the Canandaigua Veteran’s Affairs Hospital, in Canandaigua, New York. He went on to then complete a Remote Preceptorship at the Advanced Spine Joint and Wellness Center, located in Medina, Ohio. Here, he spent his time working together with chiropractors, medical doctors, orthopedists, physician’s assistants, physical therapists, and nurse practitioners. Prior to moving to Utica, NY, Dr. Aunkst was an associate chiropractor in Bristol, Rhode Island where he provided for community members, local sports programs, fitness centers and professional athletes. Dr. Aunkst has worked with athletes from the PGA tour, NFL, MLB, and NPC competitive body builders. These clinical experiences provided Dr. Aunkst with important, patient centered interactions that helped him develop his practice style today.
Dr. Aunkst is also the developer of the “Check Yourself” mobility and function seminar series, previously provided and instructed to sports teams and running groups.
In his free time, Dr. Aunkst enjoys different types of exercise including strength training, CrossFit and running/cycling. He has completed the Pittsburgh marathon, and numerous triathlons in Western Pennsylvania. He also enjoys hiking, fishing, strong coffee and working within his community.
- Doctorate of Chiropractic, New York Chiropractic College
- Certified Exercise Physiologist, American College of Sports Medicine
- Active Release Technique (ART)
- Functional and Kinematic Treatment with Rehabilitation (FAKTR)
- Certified Functional Strength Coach (CFSC)
- CrossFit Level 1 Certified Trainer (CFL1)
- Titleist Performance Institute Certified Practitioner (TPI)
- Rocktape Functional Movement Taping (levels I and II)
- ConnectX Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization